The BC Hockey League has shuffled the Wenatchee Wild’s schedule for the 2021-22 season in response to the ongoing border restrictions.
The league said the Wild will play exclusively road games during October. It said the changes were necessary due to the extension of the border closure which restricts non-essential travel from Canada into the United States.
— BCHL (@BCHockeyLeague) September 8, 2021
Wenatchee previously announced that it would play games at Town Toyota Center in October against Penticton, Surrey, Salmon Arm, and Trail.
Here is the full list of schedule changes announced Wednesday:
- Penticton at Wenatchee, originally scheduled for Oct. 9, is now scheduled to be a road game for the Wild at the South Okanagan Events Centre
- Surrey at Wenatchee, originally scheduled for Oct. 15, is now scheduled for Nov. 24
- Salmon Arm at Wenatchee, originally scheduled for Oct. 23, is now scheduled for Dec. 8
- Trail at Wenatchee, originally scheduled for Oct. 27, is now scheduled for Jan. 26
- Wenatchee at Penticton, originally scheduled for Feb. 9, is now scheduled to be a home game for the Wild at the Town Toyota Center on Feb. 23
The BCHL unveiled that its Return to Play Task Force is planning for potential solutions if the border is still closed after the end of October.
The BCHL’s 60th anniversary regular season is set to begin on Oct. 9.